The National Constituent Assembly (ANC) approved on Tuesday a decree that rejects “the declaration of a group of Latin American countries, subordinated by the United States, calling themselves the Lima Group , that threatens Venezuela, its democracy and sovereignty. ” The decree, approved in an ordinary session held in the Federal Legislative Palace, in Caracas, consists of 10 points that ratify the will of Venezuela to enforce its sovereignty before the pretensions of foreign governments to undermine Venezuelan democracy.
- The ANC decrees in its first element: “categorically reject the interventionist and violatory declaration of the group of governments calling themselves the Lima Group and its member countries, at the service of the interests of the American political elite. Those who through an aberrant declaration intends to take the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela to its colonial state with the purpose of altering the national order and peace in our country and the region. “
- As a second element, the Original Power repudiates that some Venezuelans support this interventionist declaration that violates international law.
- The third element urges the competent Public Authorities to treat as traitors to the country those supporting the interventionist actions that this group of countries promotes against the country.
- In addition, the fourth element alerts the National Assembly, in a situation of judicial contempt, that if not acting in defense of national sovereignty, the ANC will take the pertinent actions “to correct that terrible conduct”.
- Fifth, the Plenipotentiary Power welcomes the honest expressions of the world in favor of Venezuela, its sovereignty and democracy, in order to strengthen multilateralism.
- The sixth element supports all the actions that the National Executive adopts to defend the Venezuelan territory and its self-determination against aggressions “of satellite countries” that are at the service of imperial interests.
- As a seventh point ratifies the provision of the ANC in transiting the paths of peace, democracy, dialogue and respect for the laws and the Constitution of the Republic as supreme values.
- In addition, it urges “the National Executive, in the use of the bilateral tools of international law for the resolution of territorial disputes, where all Venezuelans, without distinction, defend our sacred rights and interests, as well as the Bolivarian National Armed Forces ( FANB), to continue exercising the necessary actions to guarantee, in a civic union, the defense of the territory “, expresses the eighth point.
- As a ninth point, the ANC ordered the Judicial Power and Moral Citizen Power, to initiate an investigation against all those who “folded to the declaration of the so-called Group of Lima” and establish a commission from the supra power to accompany her with the deputies Hermann Escarrá , María Alejandra Díaz and Gladys Requena.
- The last point establishes the publication in official gazette of this decree.
This grouping conformed by right-wing governments, in an interventionist statement, which they announced last Friday, expressed “their deep concern” over the interception carried out on December 22, 2018, of a supposed ship of “seismic research by the Navy of Venezuela within the exclusive economic zone of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana “.
Translated by JRE