On Saturday August 7, Delcy Rodríguez, the executive vice president of Venezuela, tweeted that there were 1,155 new COVID-19 cases, all by community transmission, detected in the last 24 hours by the Venezuelan health authorities. The recovery rate remains at 95%, with 297,536 patients healed, thanks to the free treatments guaranteed by the Venezuelan Government.
During the daily report offered by the Presidential Commission for the Control and Prevention of COVID-19, Rodríguez specified that community cases were detected in 23 states: Miranda (236), Carabobo (192), Caracas (133 ), Lara (104), Yaracuy (104), La Guaira (63), Nueva Esparta (60), Cojedes (46), Mérida (38), Táchira (33), Trujillo (32), Delta Amacuro (23), Barinas (22), Bolívar (18), Monagas (14), Sucre (12), Amazonas (9), Anzoátegui (6), Aragua (5), Portuguesa (2), Los Roques (1), Zulia (1) , Falcón (1).
RELATED CONTENT: Venezuela Reports 1,200 New COVID-19 Cases, 12 Deaths & a 94% Recovery Rate on Sunday
The region with the highest number of infections in the day is Miranda, with new cases in 16 of its 21 municipalities: Guaicaipuro (72), Urdaneta (44), Sucre (20), Los Salías (19), Lander (19), Independencia (12), Simón Bolívar (11), Cristóbal Rojas (10), Carrizal (7), Zamora (6), Paz Castillo (4), Chacao (3), Acevedo (3), Baruta (2), Plaza (2), El Hatillo (1).
Rodriguez also reported 12 new deaths, for a total of 3,694 deaths over almost one and a half years of the pandemic in Venezuela:
RELATED CONTENT: Why are the 3 Latin American Countries with the Fewest COVID-19 Deaths not in the News?
• Four in Anzoátegui: three men of 79, 67, and 66 years old and a 57-year-old woman
• Three in Barinas: a 99-year-old man and two women 71 and 70 years old
• Two in Caracas: women 66 and 55 years old
• Two in Portuguese: a 93-year-old woman and a 56-year-old man
• One in Miranda: a 79-year-old man
The Bolivarian Government expresses its condolences to family and friends.
From March 2020 to the present, these are the general statistics of the coronavirus in Venezuela:
• Total infections: 312,115
• Recovered patients: 297,536 (95%)
• Current active cases: 10,885
• Deaths: 3,694
6/6 Estamos por finalizar una nueva semana de flexibilización económica y segura en nuestro país. Unidos avanzamos en esta batalla contra la pandemia, pero no podemos confiarnos. Es muy importante reforzar la protección individual y colectiva. ¡Todos y todas a cuidarse siempre!
— Delcy Rodríguez (@delcyrodriguezv) August 8, 2021
Featured image: Venezuelan Vice President Delcy Rodríguez. Photo courtesy of Venezuelan Vice President’s Office.
Translation: Orinoco Tribune
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)