Venezuela confirms 58 new positive Covid-19 cases totaling 882 cases registered so far in Venezuela since last March, said the Vice President Delcy Rodríguez on Thursday. She explained that six of the new cases are of community contagion, 16 are from police or medical personnel who had contact with international travelers, and 36 are imported cases: people who returned to Venezuela infected.
Of the 36 imported cases, 14 come from Colombia, 13 of them through the Táchira checkpoints and the other through Apure. Another 11 people came from Brazil and entered through Bolívar state and another 11 came from Ecuador and entered through a humanitarian flight that arrived in Lara state.
From Miraflores Palace in Caracas, Rodríguez explained that of the total of positive cases, 246 are community contagion, 126 from contact with travelers and 510 are imported, 58% of the total number of cases in the country. Likewise, she indicated that more than 90% of the cases are asymptomatic.
During her address, Vice President Rodríguez said that 262 people have recovered and 610 cases are active, of which 284 are in sentinel hospitals, 310 in Comprehensive Diagnostic Centers (CDI), 16 in private hospitals and the number of 10 deceased remains the same since early april.
She detailed the community cases of the day:
- 22-year-old female student from Barinas state, detected in personalized screening sessions. She is in a CDI.
- 38-year-old man, a health worker from Miranda state. He is also on a CDI.
- 23-year-old man from the Coche parish in the Libertador municipality of Caracas, who had contact with a positive person. He was admitted to a sentinel hospital.
- 79-year-old man from Cojedes state who has no travel history. He came to a sentinel center with symptoms and currently has a moderate acute respiratory infection.
- 41-year-old woman from the Tomás Lander municipality, Miranda state, who presented cough symptoms in mid-May. She has a mild respiratory infection.
- Asymptomatic 40-year-old man from the Angostura municipality of Bolívar state, detected on a house-to-house visit.
The 16 cases of contact with travelers this Thursday are related to care, security and health personnel who are in the epidemiological encirclement of the border. Of these, 14 are security officials at the police station in Santa Elena de Uairén, Bolívar state, and the other two are health personnel who receive nationals returning to the country.
Of the total imported cases, Rodríguez explained, 303 from Colombia, 65 from Brazil, 49 from Peru, 35 from Ecuador, 29 from Spain, 10 from the Dominican Republic, five from Chile, four from the United States and the same number of people from Mexico, among other nations.
Featured image: Vice President of Venezuela Delcy Rodriguez, Photo courtesy of Prensa Presidencial
Translated by JRE/EF
orinocotribunehttps://orinocotribune.com/author/orinocotribune/December 7, 2022