The vice president of Venezuela, Delcy Rodríguez, reported this Thursday from the Miraflores Palace 198 new Covid-19 cases out of which 133 are of community transmission, 59 are people who returned from Colombia infected, 2 from Brazil, 1 of Peru, 1 from Ecuador and 2 were infected by contact with international travelers. In addition, she reported one deceased woman.
Regarding the deceased, Rodríguez explained that it was a 67-year-old woman from Zulia state, Maracaibo municipality. She was hypertensive and had type II diabetes. She started symptoms on June 3 and went to a health center on June 11. She had a very complicated situation, she was admitted to intensive care on June 18 but she had a cardiorespiratory arrest that caused her death. The vice president mourned the loss and extended her condolences.
There are 39 deaths in total. The vice president insists that everyone must be very careful and take care of themselves and their love ones.
Out of the 133 community transmission cases, 84 come from the Zulia state, 12 are from the Miranda state, 9 from Lara, 6 from Carabobo, 5 from Bolívar, 4 from the Capital District, 4 from Sucre, 4 from Falcón, 2 from Anzoátegui, 2 from Mérida and 1 from Trujillo.
- Out of the 84 cases in Zulia, 74 are related to the outbreak at the Flea Market and 10 come from Machiques de Perijá (border with Colombia), where a small outbreak has emerged, which is under control, she explained.
- There are 4 cases in the Baruta municipality: 2 are links to a positive case, one is from a private supermarket where its workers were tested, and one is a person who went to a sentinel hospital.
- There are 6 cases in Sucre municipality: 5 of them in Petare and one in Caucagüita. 2 of the cases in Petare are workers from the aforementioned supermarket. One is a doctor who works in house-to-house screening operations, another is a doctor from a private clinic and another person became infected by contact with someone from Zulia state.
- Another case is from the municipality of El Hatillo. He has severe acute respiratory failure and is in a private clinic.
- The last case in the Miranda state is from the Guaicaipuro municipality (Los Teques).
- There are 6 cases in the Torres municipality, where there is an outbreak related to the Flea market outbreak in Zulia state. These are families of farmers who were in contact with that market.
- There is another case in Simón Planas (Sarare), infected by contact with doctors who tested positive for Covid-19.
- There is a case of Morán municipality (El Tocuyo).
- The last Larense case is of a merchant who buys merchandise in the state of Zulia.
- 6 cases from a public utility company were reported.
- She reported 5 cases in Ciudad Bolívar; 3 of them are police officers who had contact with troops who work at the Santa Elena de Uairén service check point.
- Two other cases were captured in mass screening
Reported 4 cases:
- 82-year-old Antímano man, electrician.
- 50-year-old man from El Recreo, works in a shopping center in Sabana Grande.
- 40-year-old woman from Sucre parish, private clinic nurse in Catia.
- 44-year-old woman from Sucre parish.
- 27-year-old man, radiologist.
- Three relatives of a worker at a fish processing company, who tested positive, were also infected: a 58-year-old woman, a 17-year-old teenager and a 7-year-old girl.
- 51-year-old man from Zulia state, from the Flea market.
- 74-year-old woman.
- 19 year old girl from Coro
- 47-year-old man from Carirubana, Punta Cardón, merchant from the Flea market.
- The two cases are from El Tigre: a 36-year-old man and a 57-year-old man.
- The two cases are from El Vigia: one is a 38-year-old health worker. The second case did not provide information.
- 4 year old boy
The executive vice president reported a total of 65 imported cases, of which 59 are people who returned from Colombia, 2 returned from Brazil, 1 from Peru and one from Ecuador. In addition, there are 2 cases of contact with international travelers: one from Apure and the other in Bolívar state.
Delcy Rodriguez reported that 1,176,146 tests of Covid-19 have been performed to date, equivalent to 39,205 tests per million inhabitants.
She noted that there are 4,563 cases in total. 2,763 are asymptomatic, 420 have mild acute respiratory failure, 5 moderate and 9 severe.
1,327 patients have recovered (29% of cases). The vice president asked these people to donate plasma to create therapeutic treatments to cure other patients. She reported that plasma treatments have been done in some patients and in some cases they have been very positive.
She reiterated the call for the Colombian government to act responsibly, because by not doing so they are attacking the Venezuelan people. Likewise, Delcy Rodríguez reiterated again and again the call to the entire Venezuelan population to take care of themselves and take all measures to protect themselves from the Covid-19 coronavirus and follow the social distancing protocols.
Featured image: Venezuelan Vice president Delcy Rodriguez, Courtesy of Prensa Presidencial.