This Thursday, Venezuelan Minister for Communication and Information, Jorge Rodríguez, confirmed four new cases of coronavirus infection (Covid-19), which places the number of cases at 171 patients, indicating that recent cases correspond to three women and one man, residing in the states of Nueva Esparta, Aragua, Portuguesa and Trujillo.
From the Miraflores Palace, in Caracas, the minister specified that out of all the positive cases:
- 26 receive free treatment in hospitals
- 25 in Comprehensive Diagnostic Centers (CDI) of Barrio Adentro
- 12 in private clinics
- 9 people are kept in home isolation and the government is making efforts to allow them to be transferred to health centers
- 6 are isolated in hotels
- The death toll stands at 9 regrettable losses.
Similarly, the Minister for Communication highlighted an increase in the number of recovered cases, which accounts for 49% of the registered cases, meaning 84 recovered patients.
In his speech, Rodríguez highlighted the significant increase in imported cases that come from trips to Colombia or, failing that, from people who have had contact with travelers from that country, which currently records 4.2 cases per 100,000 inhabitants.
The cases detected this Thursday are:
- A 72-year-old woman, resident of Nueva Esparta state, with a history of contact with employees of the Municipality of Maneiro.
- A 25-year-old lady, resident of the Aragua state, specifically in Colonia Tovar, with a history of travel to Ecuador and Colombia, who entered the country through San Antonio del Táchira and was positively detected with a PCR test today.
- A minor, resident of the state of Trujillo, infected within the family by a positive case with a history of travel.
- A 49-year-old female, resident of Portuguesa state, traveler from Colombia, who entered via an illegal trail into the national territory and presented symptoms of fever, so she was contacted through mass screening and today the PCR test result was positive.
Translated by JRE/EF