Venezuela registered six new cases of Covid-19 by community transmission in the last 24 hours, in addition to 60 diagnosed among Venezuelans who have returned to the country from Brazil, Colombia, Chile and Ecuador, for a total of 1,010 infections of the coronavirus.
This was reported by the vice president of the republic, Delcy Rodríguez, in statements this Saturday from Miraflores Palace, Caracas, after the meeting of the Presidential Commission for the prevention and combat of Covid-19.
- She explained that the first case is a 57-year-old man, a merchant, from San Cristóbal, Táchira state, with no history of traveling abroad, nor contact with a positive case of Covid-19. On May 10, he presented symptoms and went to a sentinel hospital where the molecular test was performed. He was hospitalized and is undergoing treatment.
- The second case is a 39-year-old woman from La Guaira state, Carayaca, with no history of traveling abroad, nor contact with a positive case of Covid-19. Her symptoms presented on May 15, she came to the consultation on May 18, she underwent the molecular test and today she is being held in a sentinel hospital.
- The third is a 20-year-old man from the Urimare sector, La Guaira state, he was detected by the health system and was admitted to a sentinel hospital for free treatment,
- Similarly, another 31-year-old man, a merchant, who has mild symptoms and is also being treated in a sentinel hospital.
- The other case is a two-month-old baby, from Yaracuy state, who is in a pediatric hospital;
- The sixth case is of a 58-year-old woman from the Capital District, Caricuao parish, belonging to the health personnel who was infected during a mass screening day.
Rodríguez emphasized the need for the population to continue to comply with the use of the face mask, to avoid public gatherings, to keep social distance of at least one meter between people, among other regulations established to stop the outbreak of the coronavirus and that they should continue to be abided by with discipline and responsibility.
Featured image: Vice President Delcy Rodriguez today in the daily Covid-19 brief. Courtesy Prensa Presidencial
Translated by JRE/EF