Skip to content
  • IG
  • Twitter
  • Telegram
  • YouTube
  • TikTok
  • FB
  • LinkedIn
Orinoco Tribune

Orinoco Tribune

From Venezuela and made by Venezuelan Chavistas

Primary Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Opinion
  • About us
    • About us
    • Becoming a Volunteer
    • Editorial guidelines for contributors
    • Our Sources
      • Venezuelan Sources
      • International Sources
    • Contact us
  • Categories
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Security and Defense
    • International
      • Africa
      • Asia
      • Europe
      • Oceania
      • US/Canada
    • Latin America and ALBA-TCP
      • South America
      • Central America and the Caribbean (+Mexico)
    • Ideology-Commune-Labor
    • Health-Education-Sport-Culture-Technology
    • Solidarity and Social Movements
    • OT Specials
  • Support Us
    • 2025-2026 Fundraising
    • More Options
  • Merch
Light/Dark Button
YouTube Channel
  • News
  • Security and Defense

Terrorist Involved in Drone Attack Against Maduro Captured, Fake FAES Vehicles and Hired Assassins for the Coup

February 1, 2019

Néstor Reverol, Venezuelan interior minister, announced Thursday the capture of Oswaldo García Palomo, one of the main involved in the drone attack against the President Nicolás Maduro last August, as well as several “hired assassins paid by the Venezuelan far right”, who wanted to commit selective killings against political and military leaders, to raise levels of anxiety and terror in the population. An announcement was made about two criminals driving a vehicle with fake FAES badges were shot death in a confrontation with law enforcement officers.

Reverol announced the capture of Miguel Ambrosio Palacios Salcedo, alias Marco, 44, who was a non-commissioned officer of the Bolivarian National Armed Forces (FANB), deserter since 2006, with a wide police record for homicide, drug trafficking and was a fugitive after escaping from prison 2 years ago.

During the interrogations, Palacio Salcedo said he had been contacted by a group of military deserters and mercenaries “to commit terrorist acts”, supplying the address of one of them, in San Antonio de los Altos, Miranda state.

Thus, on Sunday, the capture and identification of the first retired lieutenant Alberto Salazar Cabañas, alias Pancho (43 years old), a deserter officer of the Bolivarian Army, who got his leave in 2013 and “worked as a mercenary for the Colombian oligarchy”, as explained the minister of internal relations.

Cabañas had entered the country the previous night from Colombia “by the green roads”, that is, without registering at the border crossings, together with two other deserting officers of the Bolivarian Navy, already identified and being wanted.

Captured Garcia Palomo

Reverol notes that this morning was also captured retired Colonel Oswaldo Garcia Palomo, alias Aquiles, 53, requested by magnicide in degree of frustration, betrayal of the Fatherland, instigate rebellion and attack to a sentinel. He was captured in a vehicle, arriving in Cojedes state.

García Palomo is one of the people requested to be involved in the attack against President Nicolás Maduro that occurred in August, using drones with explosives.

He was in the company of retired Colonel José Acevedo Montañez, 57 years old, aka El Gocho, and another citizen, Antonio José Iabichela Barrios, 47, aka Moises. All of them had taken refuge in a hotel in Barinas after having been exposed by General Antonio Rivero and the El Nuevo Herald media, when they denounced his supposed kidnapping and revealed information about his movements, which activated the intelligence agencies , noted Reverol.

In the vehicle they found two AK-103 rifles, two satellite phones that General Antonio Rivero had supplied and sent to Colombia, and 500 bracelets with the “O.C.” form, which means “Operation Constitution,” explained

Minister Reverol said that there is no doubt about the direct participation of Colombian intelligence, the CIA and the fugitive Julio Borges in the frustrated assassination against President Nicolás Maduro on August 5. “No more arrests are ruled out,” he said.

Vehicles with fake FAES badges

The Venezuelan minister also denounced the existence of fake vehicles with the insignia of FAES (Force of Special Actions of the PNB), in the hands of criminal groups hired by the Venezuelan right to commit false positives and create confusion and terror.

He indicated that VEN-911 officials observed one of these vehicles through the camera system; it was a black Land Cruiser vehicle with FAES acronyms on the doors. A chase was initiated for its capture, generating an exchange of shots; the occupants of the vehicle also threw a grenade against the law enforcement officers.

The shouting, which occurred near El Paraíso tunnel, left two people dead. In addition, 4 other people escaped.

In the vehicle they carried a FAL rifle and a 9mm pistol. “The investigations are being carried out to dismantle this criminal group,” said Reverol.

Source URL: Alba Ciudad

Translated by JRE/AR



7.5 Year Anniversary



SUPPORT IndependentAnti-Imperialist Journalism


DONATE NOW

So far this year:• 410K+ active readers demanding bold perspectives• 130 original news/opinion pieces published


JOIN OUR TEAM

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

cropped-OTLogoManuallyReconstructed-1.png
orinocotribune
Website |  + postsBio
  • orinocotribune
    Repatriated migrants at the Simón Bolívar International Airport in Maiquetía waiting in the immigration line. Photo: IG/@minjusticia_ve.
    May 18, 2026
    Venezuela: 5 New Migrant Repatriation Flights Arrive From US
  • orinocotribune
    Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro welcoming diplomat Alex Saab upon his arrival to Miraflores Palace after release from US captivity. Photo: AP/file photo.
    May 18, 2026
    Venezuela: Diosdado Cabello and Delcy Rodríguez Justify Controversial Alex Saab Deportation Amid Growing Backlash
  • orinocotribune
    Former Venezuelan Industry Minister Alex Saab being escorted by DEA agents upon his arrival at Opa-locka airport in Miami-Dade County (USA) on Saturday, May 16, 2026. Photo: Anthoni Belchi/EFE.
    May 17, 2026
    Venezuela Deports Former Minister Alex Saab to the US
  • orinocotribune
    Venezuelan Acting President Delcy Rodríguez at a meeting with a Word Bank delegation at Miraflores Palace, Caracas, May 15, 2026. Photo: Presidential Press.
    May 17, 2026
    World Bank Delegation Meets With Venezuela’s Acting President Delcy Rodríguez
Share on X (Twitter) Share on Telegram Share on Bluesky Share on Facebook Share on Reddit Share on WhatsApp Share on LinkedIn Share on Email
Tags: Assesination Attempt Colombia coup d'etat FAES US Imperialism

Post navigation

Previous Previous post:

US Rejects Mexico, Uruguay, Vatican Mediation Efforts to Keep Maduro in Power

img_0482
Next Next post:

Lopez Obrador Lectures the Spanish President on Venezuela

img_0498
Support us on Patreon
Other ways to support us
Weekly Digest
------------

NEWS: POPULAR POST

  • Former Venezuelan Industry Minister Alex Saab being escorted by DEA agents upon his arrival at Opa-locka airport in Miami-Dade County (USA) on Saturday, May 16, 2026. Photo: Anthoni Belchi/EFE.Venezuela Deports Former Minister Alex Saab to the US May 17, 2026
  • Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro welcoming diplomat Alex Saab upon his arrival to Miraflores Palace after release from US captivity. Photo: AP/file photo.Venezuela: Diosdado Cabello and Delcy Rodríguez Justify Controversial Alex Saab… May 18, 2026
  • Wreckage and remains of a US F-15 fighter jet, shot down by Iranian defense forces in Isfahan, on April 5, 2026. Photo: PressTV.US Lost 39 Aircraft During 40 Days of War Against Iran: Congressman May 16, 2026
  • Venezuelan Acting President Delcy Rodríguez at a meeting with a Word Bank delegation at Miraflores Palace, Caracas, May 15, 2026. Photo: Presidential Press.World Bank Delegation Meets With Venezuela’s Acting President Delcy Rodríguez May 17, 2026
  • campusbds1AMP Condemns Trump Executive Order to Suppress Palestine Campus Organizing December 18, 2019
  • ame1994-bolivia-politica-1024x696-1Evo Morales Claims US-Backed Military Plot To Kill or Detain Him in Bolivia May 18, 2026
  • The US Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) enables the imperial blockades against Venezuela and several other nations. File photo.Deputy Minister of Anti-Blockade Policies: Venezuela Is Recovering from 11 Years… May 17, 2026

Subscribe to Our Weekly Digest

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

OPINION: POPULAR POST

  • The word "DEBT" written in red on a US dollar bill. Photo: Shutterstock.Economic and Political Realism: Critical Points of Venezuela’s Public Debt… May 17, 2026
  • People bury the unidentified bodies of Palestinians who had been held in Israel during the war, after they were handed over by Israel in Deir Al-Balah, central Gaza, on 22 October 2025. Photo: Reuters/Mahmoud Issa.Israel’s Organ Theft Scandal Exposes A Culture Of Desecration May 17, 2026
  • Popular Bolivian leader Evo Morales. Photo: HRW.Bolivian Prosecutors Demand the Arrest of Former President Evo Morales May 16, 2026
  • Map of Venezuela (without the Essequibo territory) covered by the US flag. Photo: TS/@realDonaldTrump.Venezuela, 51st US State?: What Lies Behind It May 18, 2026
  • 12dcfdb6-1099-4bae-81a5-ea44deef0b65Russia Commemorates Victory Day as Western Powers Scramble To Reverse Their Losses… May 18, 2026
  • Venezuelan masses gather beneath a statue of Simón Bolivar. Photo source: Rebelión.I Resist; Therefore, I Exist May 12, 2026
  • Illustration showing a Palestinian holding a gun in the backdrop of a wall painted with the map of Palestine, an olive branch, and wheat kernels. Illustration: Masar Badil.Statement on 78th Anniversary of the Ongoing Nakba: Our People Have Proven that… May 17, 2026

Categories

We are on Mastodon

Mastodon
Receive our news directly in your cell phone or PC, join us on our MASTODON account.

 

We are on Discord

Discord
Join our DISCORD server to check our content without algorithms and to interact directly with our team.

The original content by Orinoco Tribune is free to share and it is licensed under CC BY 4.0Creative Commons LicenseCreative Commons License

We are on Bluesky

Bluesky

If you are there, follow our Orinoco Tribune BLUESKY account.

  • IG
  • Twitter
  • Telegram
  • YouTube
  • TikTok
  • FB
  • LinkedIn
Copyleft, No rights reserved.

We use cookies to improve your experience. By continuing, you agree to our Privacy Policy.