Join us for analysis of the December 6th election results for the Venezuelan National Assembly by two on-the-ground observers: Jesus Rodriguez-Espinoza, editor of Orinoco Tribune in Caracas, and Venezuelan-American activist William Camacaro from Valencia, Venezuela. Jesus is the former Venezuelan Consul General to Chicago. William is with the Alberto Lovera Bolivarian Circle of New York and has led many solidarity delegations to Venezuela and elsewhere in Latin America.
Tuesday, December 8, 7 pm ET /4 pm PT – in English.
These two longtime activists in Venezuela will give their understanding of voter turnout and vote totals for the Venezuela National Assembly. The vote results will reflect the people’s views on the US blockade, the Venezuelan government’s handling of the problems that the blockade created, and the population’s view of the Chavista bloc and the opposition bloc.
- Alliance for Global Justice,
- Chicago ALBA Solidarity,
- Orinoco Tribune,
- Task Force on the Americas,
- Alberto Lovera Bolivarian Circle of New York,
- Frente para la Defensa de los Pueblos Hugo Chavez (Canada),
- Canadian Foreign Policy Institute,
- Canadian Peace Congress,
- Portland Central America Solidarity Committee (PCASC),
- Committee on Latin America, Columbus, Ohio,
- Sanctions Kill Coalition,
- US Peace Council,
- Louis Riel Bolivarian Circle-Toronto,
- Common Frontiers-Canada,
- Pittsburg Anti-Imperialist League,
- Pacific NW Solidarity with Latin America and the Caribbean,
- LELO/A Legacy of Equality, Leadership and Organizing,
- Casa Baltimore/Limay.
Featured image: File photo.