Skip to content
  • IG
  • Twitter
  • Telegram
  • YouTube
  • TikTok
  • FB
  • LinkedIn
Orinoco Tribune

Orinoco Tribune

From Venezuela and made by Venezuelan Chavistas

Primary Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Opinion
  • About us
    • About us
    • Becoming a Volunteer
    • Editorial guidelines for contributors
    • Our Sources
      • Venezuelan Sources
      • International Sources
    • Contact us
  • Categories
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Security and Defense
    • International
      • Africa
      • Asia
      • Europe
      • Oceania
      • US/Canada
    • Latin America and ALBA-TCP
      • South America
      • Central America and the Caribbean (+Mexico)
    • Ideology-Commune-Labor
    • Health-Education-Sport-Culture-Technology
    • Solidarity and Social Movements
    • OT Specials
  • Support Us
    • 2025-2026 Fundraising
    • More Options
  • Merch
Light/Dark Button
YouTube Channel
  • Latin America and ALBA-TCP
  • News

* Bolivia Denounces OAS Coup Intentions in Nicaragua

December 30, 2018

President Evo Morales rejected the intention of the Secretary General of the Organization of American States (OAS), Luis Almagro, to apply the Inter-American Democratic Charter against Nicaragua.

The President of Bolivia, Evo Morales, denounced on Friday the “coup intentions” of the Secretary General of the Organization of American States (OAS), Luis Almagro, against the sovereignty of Nicaragua.

The OAS claim to activate the mechanisms of the Inter-American Democratic Charter against Nicaragua is “by instruction of the empire, and with coup intentions,” the Bolivian president said through his Twitter account.

Evo also said that Almagro can not go against the self-determination of the people, and demanded the organism to leave the “interference and respect the sovereignty”. Last Thursday the secretary general of the OAS announced during an extraordinary session of the Permanent Council the beginning of the process for the activation of the Democratic Charter against the Central American country for an alleged “alteration of the constitutional order”.

The initiative, which had the support of the governments of Argentina, Colombia, Chile, the United States and Peru, could be derived after several instances in the suspension of Nicaragua as a member of the OAS.

In this framework, the Nicaraguan diplomatic representation in the organization, led by Luis Alvarado, rejected the attempt of interference and indicated that Almagro is acting in an “accusatory and threatening manner.” “As a sovereign country we demand respect from interventionist nations of this body subordinated to the United States Government (…) That is why they call these meetings, insist on forcing the change of government financing vandalism and terrorist groups, creating an atmosphere in public opinion (…) against the Nicaraguan people who recovered tranquility and joy, “Alvarado said during the extraordinary session.

Since the beginning of April 2018, Nicaragua has experienced an attempted coup characterized by violent protests, acts of sabotage and terrorism that seek to overthrow the constitutional government of President Daniel Ortega.

Source URL: Telesur

Translated by JRE



7.5 Year Anniversary



SUPPORT IndependentAnti-Imperialist Journalism


DONATE NOW

So far this year:• 410K+ active readers demanding bold perspectives• 130 original news/opinion pieces published


JOIN OUR TEAM

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

cropped-OTLogoManuallyReconstructed-1.png
orinocotribune
Website |  + postsBio
  • orinocotribune
    Venezuelan Acting President Delcy Rodríguez at a meeting with a Word Bank delegation at Miraflores Palace, Caracas, May 15, 2026. Photo: Presidential Press.
    May 17, 2026
    World Bank Delegation Meets With Venezuela’s Acting President Delcy Rodríguez
  • orinocotribune
    The US Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) enables the imperial blockades against Venezuela and several other nations. File photo.
    May 17, 2026
    Deputy Minister of Anti-Blockade Policies: Venezuela Is Recovering from 11 Years of US Sanctions
  • orinocotribune
    Venezuelan Economy and Finance Vice President Calixto Ortega. Photo: Radio Miraflores.
    May 15, 2026
    Venezuela’s Economy VP: US Sanctions Responsible for Foreign Debt Default
  • orinocotribune
    Venezuelan Foreign Minister Yvan Gil (right) and his Surinamese counterpart, Melvin Bouva (left), on a balcony at the Yellow House, headquarters of Venezuela's Ministry for Foreign Affairs, in Caracas on Friday, May 15, 2026. Photo: IG/@yvan.gilpinto.
    May 15, 2026
    Venezuela and Suriname Strengthen Strategic Cooperation Following High-Level Visit
Share on X (Twitter) Share on Telegram Share on Bluesky Share on Facebook Share on Reddit Share on WhatsApp Share on LinkedIn Share on Email
Tags: dignity Evo Morales Nicaragua Organization of American States (OAS) US Imperialism

Post navigation

Previous Previous post:

* OAS: US moving strings against Venezuela

cd50de40-a4ee-4e0c-8166-c7a15ea8c0a8-10110-00000e4da853ed79
Next Next post:

* 600 Venezuelans Returned this Saturday from Ecuador and Peru with the Plan Vuelta a la Patria

Support us on Patreon
Other ways to support us
Weekly Digest
------------

NEWS: POPULAR POST

  • campusbds1AMP Condemns Trump Executive Order to Suppress Palestine Campus Organizing December 18, 2019
  • Petroleo.pngVenezuela’s Oil Production Rises 23% Since January May 14, 2026
  • Wreckage and remains of a US F-15 fighter jet, shot down by Iranian defense forces in Isfahan, on April 5, 2026. Photo: PressTV.US Lost 39 Aircraft During 40 Days of War Against Iran: Congressman May 16, 2026
  • Venezuelan Acting President Delcy Rodriguez issues statements during a meeting at Miraflores Palace on Monday, March 16, 2026. Photo: Venezuelan Presidential Press.Delcy Rodríguez: Venezuela Will Not Become 51st State of the US May 14, 2026
  • Bolivian trade unionists and peasants march in La Paz, demanding the resignation of President Rodrigo Paz. Photo: EFE.Bolivia General Strike Continues, Social Movements Call for President’s Resignation May 15, 2026
  • The US embassy in Havana, Cuba. Photo: EFE/Ernesto Mastrascusa.Cuba to CIA Director: Cuba Is Neither Threat to US Nor Sponsor of Terrorism May 16, 2026
  • Chile's Francisco Pérez Mackenna being greeted by President-elect José Antonio Kast on January  21, 2026. Photo: La Tercera/Pablo Vásquez R./file photo.After Provoking Their Rupture, Chile Suggests Restoration of Diplomatic Relations… May 14, 2026

Subscribe to Our Weekly Digest

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

OPINION: POPULAR POST

  • On the left, Benjamin Netanyahu; on the right, Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa. In the center, a large clenched fist stands out. In the background, several flags of Bahrain are waving. Military aircraft can also be seen flying overhead, along with smoke and structures reminiscent of a conflict zone or geopolitical tension. Photo: MintPress News.From Bahrain to the UAE: Gulf States Expand Anti-Shia Crackdowns During Direct… May 15, 2026
  • Popular Bolivian leader Evo Morales. Photo: HRW.Bolivian Prosecutors Demand the Arrest of Former President Evo Morales May 16, 2026
  • The Panama Canal. Photo: La Nacion/Zuma Press/ContactoPhoto.For the US, the Panama Canal is About Much More Than Trade May 14, 2026
  • Africa Forward Summit 2026 in Nairobi, Kenya. Photo: Henry Naminde/Xinhua.Macron’s China-Bashing in Africa: A Case of Projection May 15, 2026
  • A Colombian voter, wearing a poncho with the colors of the Colombian flag, casts his ballot. File photo.The Divided Right in Colombia’s Upcoming Elections May 16, 2026
  • A Chinese grain storage facility operated by Sinograin, in Chengdu in 2025. Photo: Xinhua.How China Prepared for the New Global Food Crisis, Caused by the US War on Iran May 14, 2026
  • "MARITIME INTERDICTION: US Planetary Blockade Dominates Flow of Global Trade, Oil, and Gas," was created by independent journalist Richard Medhurst. It illustrates his argument that the United States is orchestrating a coordinated "global energy heist" to monopolize energy supplies and isolate its geopolitical rivals. Photo: Substack.The US Pulled off an Armed Robbery of the World’s Energy Supply May 9, 2026

Categories

We are on Mastodon

Mastodon
Receive our news directly in your cell phone or PC, join us on our MASTODON account.

 

We are on Discord

Discord
Join our DISCORD server to check our content without algorithms and to interact directly with our team.

The original content by Orinoco Tribune is free to share and it is licensed under CC BY 4.0Creative Commons LicenseCreative Commons License

We are on Bluesky

Bluesky

If you are there, follow our Orinoco Tribune BLUESKY account.

  • IG
  • Twitter
  • Telegram
  • YouTube
  • TikTok
  • FB
  • LinkedIn
Copyleft, No rights reserved.