Skip to content
January 28, 2023
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • Instagram
  • Reddit
  • Telegram
  • TikTok
  • LinkedIn
  • Discord
Orinoco Tribune – News and opinion pieces about Venezuela and beyond

Orinoco Tribune – News and opinion pieces about Venezuela and beyond

From Venezuela and made by Venezuelan Chavistas

Primary Menu
  • News
  • Opinion
  • About us
    • About us
    • Who we are – Becoming a Volunteer
    • Editorial guidelines for contributors
    • Our Sources
      • Venezuelan Sources
      • International Sources
    • Contact us
  • Categories
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Security and Defense
    • International
      • Africa
      • Asia
      • Europe
      • Oceania
      • US/Canada
    • Latin America and ALBA-TCP
      • South America
      • Central America and the Caribbean (+Mexico)
    • Ideology-Commune-Labor
    • Health-Education-Sport-Culture-Technology
    • Solidarity and Social Movements
    • OT Specials
  • Support Us
Light/Dark Button
YouTube Channel
  • Home
  • News
  • In Images: Great Revolutionary March Contained Violent Opposition Actions Planned for this Tuesday
  • News
  • Politics

In Images: Great Revolutionary March Contained Violent Opposition Actions Planned for this Tuesday

March 11, 2020

Tens of thousands of people marched on Tuesday, March 10 from Morelos Square in Caracas to the Federal Legislative Palace, headquarters of the National Constituent Assembly, in support of the government of President Nicolás Maduro on a day when the opposition threatened violent actions, after the opposition deputy Juan Guaidó, self-proclaimed interim president of the country with support from the US government, had summoned [supporters] to the same place to [hear his] alleged “statement of conflict” to the National Assembly, of which he also considers himself president.

“This fight is until we get the exit and that is why we must reactivate the street,” said Guaidó according to RT. In the middle of the conflict, it was indicated that if they could not move forward to the National Assembly, they should “wait for instructions” from the opposition deputy on an “alternate plan.”

The opposition march, which started from the Juan Pablo II square in Chacao – the place where Guaidó proclaimed himself President in 2019, had much less support than the demonstrations he summoned last year. The mobilization advanced to Chacaíto, where violent events occurred when they ran into the Bolivarian National Guard at the height of the Expreso shopping center. There, hooded men attacked the security forces with rocks and tear gas used to disperse the violence only (not like in Chile).

After that, the opposition protesters gathered in the Alfredo Sadel square in Las Mercedes. “We knew the plan of the dictatorship and we were prepared,” Guaidó said in a tweet, indicating that moving the marchers to Sadel Square was planned from the beginning.

RELATED CONTENT: Foreign Minister Arreaza Denounces Threats of Naval Blockade Against Venezuela

Sabíamos el plan de la dictadura y estábamos preparados. El objetivo de hoy se ha cumplido: en todo el país demostramos que no hay miedo y vamos a aprobar el #PliegoNacionaldeConflicto.

La Asamblea es donde están sus ciudadanos: nos vemos en la Plaza Alfredo Sadel.

— Juan Guaidó (@jguaido) March 10, 2020

Revolutionary protesters, meanwhile, filled Mexico and University avenues in downtown Caracas. Many carried posters against the illegal sanctions that the United States government applies against Venezuela, which have hindered or impeded the entry of foreign currency into the country and also the purchase of food and medicine.

From University Avenue, Leopoldo Herrera, one of the participants interviewed by the journalist Angie Vélez from Alba Ciudad, rejected the violent plan of the opposition to “ignore all the achievements made by the revolution in 20 years” and highlighted the level of awareness of the Venezuelan population, which the mass media tries to ignore and belittle. “The march is very big, I invite you to watch it on television or where you can see it!” he said.

img_52841583856484-1536x1024

Arturo Cazal, a revolutionary militant who also serves as vice minister of promotion of the cultural economy of the Ministry of Culture, said that “all Venezuelans are alert to this situation that the Empire has imposed on us. This criminal blockade has really pulled us all together for a better Venezuela, that wants peace and prosperity, that wants to decide its destiny.

“Regardless of what they want to do, we are for peace,” Cazal said to culminate.

After completing the mobilization, President Nicolás Maduro expressed through Twitter that massive assistance “is evidence that the Venezuelan people are committed to peace, development and rejects the interference of the United States government, which aims to create a scenario justifying a foreign military intervention.”

RELATED CONTENT: Tibisay Lucena: More Than 49 Thousand Voting Machines Destroyed – “Venezuelan Patriot Front” Claims Responsibility for Terrorist Attack

Sharing a video with shots captured by drones showing the Chavista protesters gathered in Morelos Square (when the march was about to start), Maduro said that those who participated in the march did so “with a deep love for the fatherland. A clear signal to the world that Venezuela wants peace, stability and development, without interference from any empire. God bless the Venezuelan people!

Las calles de Caracas hoy #10Mar están llenas de pueblo revolucionario, quienes han salido a marchar con profundo amor por la Patria. Una clara señal al mundo que Venezuela quiere Paz, estabilidad y desarrollo, sin injerencia de ningún imperio. ¡Dios Bendiga al Pueblo Venezolano! pic.twitter.com/AWtXCBLMHr

— Nicolás Maduro (@NicolasMaduro) March 10, 2020

img_51361583856485-1536x1024

img_52231583856487-1536x1024

marcha_por_la_paz_41583862136-1536x1024

marcha_por_la_paz_51583862135-1536x1024

img_54541583867288-1536x1024

img_55471583867290-1536x1024

img_53511583867286-1536x1024

img_51161583856485-1536x1024

img_57641583867452-1536x1024

img_56571583867452-1536x1024

img_55561583867290-1536x1024

img_56721583867452-1536x1024

Source URL: Alba Ciudad

Translated and edited by JRE/EF

Want More?

Don't want to be a victim of the Algorithm?

SIGN UP TO RECEIVE OUR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER WITH ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT VENEZUELA

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

orinocotribune
Website | + posts
  • orinocotribune
    https://orinocotribune.com/author/orinocotribune/
    Photo composition showing Peruvian repressive forces shooting at protestors (Photo: Ernesto Benavides/AFP) blended with an image of a Peruvian protester holding a banner with a cartoon of Dina Boluarte stained in blood and a caption reading "asesina" (murderer). Photo composition: Orinoco Tribune.
    January 27, 2023
    Bolivia Rejects De Facto Peruvian President's Claims of Foreign Interference
  • orinocotribune
    https://orinocotribune.com/author/orinocotribune/
    UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Volker Türk (left) and Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro (right) shaking hands at Miraflores Palace. Photo: Presidential Press.
    January 27, 2023
    President Maduro Meets UN High Commissioner for Human Rights at Miraflores Palace
  • orinocotribune
    https://orinocotribune.com/author/orinocotribune/
    Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel (left) and Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro (right) with the country flags of their counterparts beside them and a drawing of Simón Bolívar in the background, during their meeting on Thursday, January 26. Photo: Presidential Press.
    January 26, 2023
    President of Cuba Meets President Maduro in Venezuela (+CELAC)
  • orinocotribune
    https://orinocotribune.com/author/orinocotribune/
    Venezuelan minister of foreign affairs, Yván Gil (left), and UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, Volker Türk (right), shaking hands in the headquarters of the Venezuelan ministry of foreign affairs. Photo: Twitter/@yvangil.
    January 26, 2023
    New UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Arrives in Venezuela
Tags: Guaido guaido cosmic dust march New D-Day President Maduro

Share this:

  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)

Continue Reading

Previous Previous post:

Tulsi Gabbard Eliminated From Next Democratic Debate After New DNC Standards Introduced

Next Next post:

US Activists “Joined” an Event with Elliot Abrams

Subscribe to Our Weekly Newsletter

We keep your data private and share your data only with third parties that make this service possible. Read our Privacy Policy.

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

NEWS: Most Viewed 72 Hours

Calendar

January 2023
M T W T F S S
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031  
« Dec    

Categories

OPINION: Most Viewed 72 hours

We are on Telegram


Receive our news directly in your cellphone or PC, join us on our TELEGRAM channel: https://t.me/OrinocoTribune1

 

Download TELEGRAM, click the link above and then press the JOIN button.

We are on Discord


Now we are also on Discord you will be able to follow our every move and interact with our team.

Join us by clicking here



All our work is free to use and licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0.

We are on Reddit

If you are more into REDDIT, join our Orinoco Tribune Community.

 

Just click below and then click JOIN
https://www.reddit.com/r/OrinocoTribune/

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • Instagram
  • Reddit
  • Telegram
  • TikTok
  • LinkedIn
  • Discord
Copyleft, No rights reserved.
 

Loading Comments...
 

You must be logged in to post a comment.